Jump to content

Foxx

Liberal Madness

Recommended Posts

Uriel
7 hours ago, LP said:

A. Occasional-Cortex says, like, the world is going to end in 12 years, like...

 

 

People who continually mock AOC as being intellectually inferior might take a look at her background:

 

"Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan. As a result, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez. In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship. During college, she was an intern in the immigration office of U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy. She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in international relations and economics."

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#Early_life

 

I suspect people who try to belittle her are just jealous of her accomplishments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
bzpal
27 minutes ago, Uriel said:

 

People who continually mock AOC as being intellectually inferior might take a look at her background:

 

"Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan. As a result, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez. In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship. During college, she was an intern in the immigration office of U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy. She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in international relations and economics."

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#Early_life

 

I suspect people who try to belittle her are just jealous of her accomplishments.

 

Not jealousy but perhaps cynicism, makes me think it's more likely that she was "chosen" and groomed from an early age to play the part she has been handed. Much the same as O was in his day. Would be interesting to know her parents' backgrounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cowpoke
1 hour ago, Uriel said:

 

People who continually mock AOC as being intellectually inferior might take a look at her background:

 

"Ocasio-Cortez attended Yorktown High School, graduating in 2007,] where she won second prize in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair with a microbiology research project on the effect of antioxidants on C. elegans' lifespan. As a result, the International Astronomical Union named a small asteroid after her: 23238 Ocasio-Cortez. In high school, she took part in the National Hispanic Institute's Lorenzo de Zavala (LDZ) Youth Legislative Session. She later became the LDZ Secretary of State while she attended Boston University. Ocasio-Cortez had a John F. Lopez Fellowship. During college, she was an intern in the immigration office of U.S. Senator Ted Kennedy. She graduated cum laude from Boston University's College of Arts and Sciences in 2011 with a bachelor's degree in international relations and economics."

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#Early_life

 

I suspect people who try to belittle her are just jealous of her accomplishments.

 

Thank you for that, but if all this is true, don't you think she should know the world isn't going to end due to global warming in 12 years?  

 

The microbiology research project in high school does sound like it is a bit above the level of most kids at that age.  It kind of makes me think she had a bit of help picking it and setting it up.  It's too bad she didn't follow up on the science of microbiology, if she truly had an interest in that.   Of course the technical level of a degree in that field is much higher than it is for a BA in "international relations"; which sounds like a prep course for being a Globalist cheer leader.  If she had pursued microbiology, she would have had to pass courses in statistics, calculus, chemistry, botany, zoology, and of course microbiology, which was one of the toughest courses I ever took.  I also had the cum laude thing, as well.  It's not a big deal and not that exclusive.  It just means you kept your grades up.  Keeping grades up is much easier if you go for a fairly easy degree and have teachers that want to see you succeed.  In all fairness, though, if you are pursuing a career in politics, a BS is not at all important over a BA, and it does take someone who is serious about life to keep their grades up and to get to the level where she is at, even if you have a lot of support.

 

The jealous comment is ridiculous, though.  I, for one, would not want to be in her shoes.  Becoming a public figure, especially an outspoken one, puts one up as a target for criticism.  They become fair game for everyone.  That's the way politics is.  She lacks the normal ladder of slowly climbing to success to prove herself capable, so the only choice she has is to try and quickly climb it all the way to the top before people have a chance to see her flaws.  If she stays where she is for long, her flaws, whatever they may be, will become well known.  Of course there is that minute chance she has no flaws and will become the savior of the human race.  That's pretty likely (not).  I think a more likely goal is for her to try and represent her constituents, rather than representing herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I need the Zep
1 hour ago, bzpal said:

 

Not jealousy but perhaps cynicism, makes me think it's more likely that she was "chosen" and groomed from an early age to play the part she has been handed. Much the same as O was in his day. Would be interesting to know her parents' backgrounds.

her parents were solid middle class, she is no "alex from the hood" 

so  yes groomed and chosen , just like Ofake

 

edit: so maybe the waitress thing was just her cover role until the time came 

 

edit 2  cowpoke is correct when he states " Becoming a public figure, especially an outspoken one, puts one up as a target for criticism.  They become fair game for everyone.  That's the way politics is.  She lacks the normal ladder of slowly climbing to success to prove herself capable, 

 

she has achieved  nothing to-date ( if that changes , great !) , and of course in the meantime she deserves criticism,  like all public figures 

 

Edited by i need the Zep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
LP

Some of the 'smartest' people I've ever known have actually NO common sense.  Scholarly 'accomplishments' mean very little to me in the grand scheme of life. 

Like, ya know, if maybe, like if she made like sentences?  Or like sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Uriel
2 hours ago, bzpal said:

Would be interesting to know her parents' backgrounds.

 

Read that Wikipedia article.  It's all there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Uriel
8 minutes ago, LP said:

Some of the 'smartest' people I've ever known have actually NO common sense.  Scholarly 'accomplishments' mean very little to me in the grand scheme of life. 

Like, ya know, if maybe, like if she made like sentences?  Or like sense?

 

If you read her bio I linked to you'll see she's not dumb.  Perhaps she's smart enough to know how to communicate with the younger generation that tends to ignore a lot of grammatical rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
I need the Zep
11 minutes ago, Uriel said:

 

If you read her bio I linked to you'll see she's not dumb.  Perhaps she's smart enough to know how to communicate with the younger generation that tends to ignore a lot of grammatical rules.

This of course could be so true

 

however, like it was said earlier , she was chosen for this "role"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Uriel
2 hours ago, cowpoke said:

Evidently she was recently quoted as saying she give zero f*cks about pushback from other Democrats.  I give a thumbs up to that, if it is true (but I doubt it is). 

 

I saw that being quoted on FB this morning.  I hope it's true because she might help reform the Ds into a respectable party again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Foxx

Yeah, no. I don't care how much schooling or where AOC went to school, she is a fool. Just because one goes to school does not mean that you are educated it only means that you were schooled.

 

She expressed sheer stupidity at a MLK forum on Monday.

AOC SNAPS: World Could End In 12 Years, Algorithms Are Racist, Hyper-Success Is Bad

 

selected idiocy:

... "the world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change," ...

...that government should be involved in drawing "the line" of when people are living in too much excess ...

... people who aspired to be highly successful are bad. ...

... the U.S. needed to pay "reparations" like Germany did "after the Holocaust" if it wants to heal ...

... math-driven algorithms are racist because they are made by humans. ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
LP

 

"When they tell you who they are, believe them."

I wish more people would get that.  Take it inside and honestly believe it...

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Foxx

It was only a matter of time before they started eating their young. They just can't help themselves.

 

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

 

Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has infuriated colleagues by aligning with a progressive outside group that’s threatening to primary entrenched Democrats. Now some of those lawmakers are turning the tables on her and are discussing recruiting a primary challenger to run against the social media sensation.

 

At least one House Democrat has been privately urging members of the New York delegation to recruit a local politician from the Bronx or Queens to challenge Ocasio-Cortez.

 

“What I have recommended to the New York delegation is that you find her a primary opponent and make her a one-term congressperson,” the Democratic lawmaker, who requested anonymity, told The Hill. “You’ve got numerous council people and state legislators who’ve been waiting 20 years for that seat. I’m sure they can find numerous people who want that seat in that district.” ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
blankenb

Democratic delegate Kathy Tran has introduced a bill in Virginia’s House of Delegates that would legalize abortion up to birth. When questioned about the bill today by Republican delegate Todd Gilbert, the Virginia House majority leader, Tran acknowledged that it would allow abortion even at the very end of pregnancy when a woman was going into labor. 

The bill is called the Repeal Act because it would remove all existing restrictions on abortion in Virginia. That includes permitting abortion in the last three months of pregnancy, eliminating informed-consent and clinic-safety requirements, permitting late-term abortions to be performed in outpatient clinics, and removing pro-life initiatives such as ultrasound requirements and the state’s 24-hour waiting period. It has the backing of Virginia’s Democratic governor Ralph Northam.

 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/virginia-bill-would-legalize-abortion-up-to-birth/

 

DemoncRats ENSURING Roe v Wade will be overturned in spades.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
cowpoke
7 hours ago, Foxx said:

It was only a matter of time before they started eating their young. They just can't help themselves.

 

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

 

Some Dems float idea of primary challenge for Ocasio-Cortez

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) has infuriated colleagues by aligning with a progressive outside group that’s threatening to primary entrenched Democrats. Now some of those lawmakers are turning the tables on her and are discussing recruiting a primary challenger to run against the social media sensation.

 

At least one House Democrat has been privately urging members of the New York delegation to recruit a local politician from the Bronx or Queens to challenge Ocasio-Cortez.

 

“What I have recommended to the New York delegation is that you find her a primary opponent and make her a one-term congressperson,” the Democratic lawmaker, who requested anonymity, told The Hill. “You’ve got numerous council people and state legislators who’ve been waiting 20 years for that seat. I’m sure they can find numerous people who want that seat in that district.” ...

 

Really, they should.  They should give the voters an option.  They basically had her or the crooked character that didn't even live in the district, who ran unopposed for decades before someone (AOC) who didn't care about what the DNC thought, decided to run against him, and wasn't afraid to call him out for what he was.  They may be surprised to find their candidate lose against her, though; and if that happens, they would really have empowered her at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Important Information

Terms of Use