Guest Unregistered

Brexit

simple simon

I've been out all day... hence my silence.

I am pleased to see that Boris wins, not because he is such a wonderful person but because it means that Brexit will now happen and it kept out dangerous Corbyn, his left-wing allies and the Remainers.

I suppose that it could be said that Boris (as a politician) has balls, and will use them! In saying this I am thinking of his ability to be ruthless - such as the way he threw out the Conservative party the MP's who voted against him several months ago. It is a trait that a leader needs. Although the exact reason is not known, he is estranged from his wife and has a girlfriend, plus it is likely that he has 'used his balls' with several other women too. Possibly even whilst living with his wife. media reports say that whilst he has some children it is unknown how many - and who all the mothers were. 

I am hoping that Boris now adopts policies which remember the homeless and the people who are so financially impoverished that to avoid near starvation they need to use food banks.

I need to find a tweet I saw earlier today, when I do I'll add it below. It lists the reasons why some / many people were willing to support Corbyn.

In the meantime, here is a tweet about the election result and how it would look if we had proportional representation. The people who created it were Corbyn supporters.

Edited by simple simon

simple simon

This is the tweet I was looking for - by someone who is angry that Boris won.

It is true that in their campaigning the Labour party talked about helping the needy and other people in ways which could be described as a desire for greater "compassionate action". (Their election slogan was "for the many, not the few").

But Labour's spending plans were such that they would likely have bankrupted the UK trying to do what they said they wanted to do, especially as their Chancellor Of The Exchequer (McDonigal, or something like that) talked in terms of "taxing the rich until their pips squeak" and as a result some ultra wealthy people were preparing to move offshore - taking their wealth with them! (Its a little known fact that the ultra wealthy already pay a disproportionate amount of income tax).

He also talked about the obscenity of people being wealthy enough to be billionaires. To my ears such comments show envy and spitefulness - traits which make a person unfit for public office. (Instead ideally suited to work as a janitor).

I do not object to people being billionaires, as long as the wealth was obtained lawfully and in a morally sound way. Oh and if the person is a business owner then the staff must be well paid and enjoy good working / living conditions and have at least 25 days of paid holidays, excluding bank holidays.

For the record, I expect some people here at wbf to end up as billionaires. Me too? Whilst not impossible it would be a pleasant surprise. No matter what, the idea of being envious of someone who saw a way to increase their wealth (in a way which harms no-one) is a total anathema to me. 

Edited by simple simon

Greenmeadow

It seems the US and the UK are echoing each other.  I think most people care about the welfare of others in their nation. One would think that would be a starting place to work from. But what happen instead is each group says my plan or no plan. Alternate solutions or pointing out faults in the proposed plan just lead to people being called unfair, uncaring, bigots. And the reality of what is actually feasible should never impose upon noble objectives. There are no easy answers at this point. Everyone cannot be made happy. It is frustrating when I see people fighting over ideology instead of reality but that is where we are at.

I recently heard Tim Pool talking about the airplane air mask analogy and conservatives and liberals. He said liberals want to put the air mask on others first and then put on their own air mask. While conservatives want to put on their own air mask first and make sure they are strong enough to help others before putting on someones else's air mask. It's not quite the same thing as nationalism but it can look like it.

easy

from the comment section of zh..Kunstler's article

this applies to people who take care of others before themselves..starts out as good intention and becomes a habit/basically

a drug or addiction..

picture-85593.jpg

20 minutes ago

By and large, they are alcoholics and drug addicts.  Addicts do not deal with problems, or cognitive dissonance, in a normal human capacity.  They do more drugs as a coping mechanism.  Once they start down this road, they are emotionally stuck, unable to grow as a person unless and until they quit the dope entirely.

Federal law, or at least the courts interpretation of it, protects most civil servants from random drug testing, or even testing for cause.  This has resulted in federal employment being a leading choice for dope fiends.  And of course, the politicians are never going to enforce such rules on themselves, so naturally the nations capital is drowning in booze and cocaine.

gbusrt
53 minutes ago, jdurand said:

I see Antifa has joined the circus in the UK. 

well that us buggered those that finance these barstuards seam to have bottomless pockets, its never going to end and they will become more and more violent. In the UK there no deterrent to public misbehaviour.

We going to  be a worse police state (we already one) just to deal with them, it is how we are neutered/manipulated/turned drip by drip.

We are the most servailed people on the planet, in london you are on camera minimum 20 min a day. we make china look like savages (with this tech) and this will allow the law to be changed to suppress any who are not in the in crowd. perhaps Brexit/remain was not about either but divide us to get us to accept the control

:(

in the crappy paper there a protester all hidden

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/13/19/22214652-7790371-image-a-49_1576266515187.jpg

22214652-7790371-image-a-49_157626651518

this protester dose not realise the total servalence the capital is under, his clothing will identify him, if he goes anyway near a car/bus/train they got were he lives. He's going to have to walk 30 odd miles before he can drop his 'mask'

i wonder what they get payed for this kinda rent a mob, or is it just a few and the rest are so angry they lash out an anything just for the chance to lash

actual link to article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7790371/Bitter-Remainers-waving-EU-flags-gather-outside-Downing-Street-protest-Boris-Johnson-win.html

Edited by gbusrt

massapien

thread:

https://twitter.com/martingeddes/status/1205455157074505733

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1205455157074505733.html

Boris Johnson is up to his neck in the #Spygate affair from when he was a Cabinet minister. Nothing is as it seems, and who knows what deals have been done. Nigel Farage — "Mr Brexit" — sat out this election. Don't be surprised if he named a high political price for doing so. 

gbusrt
16 hours ago, massapien said:

Boris Johnson is up to his neck in the #Spygate affair from when he was a Cabinet minister. Nothing is as it seems, and who knows what deals have been done. Nigel Farage — "Mr Brexit" — sat out this election. Don't be surprised if he named a high political price for doing so. 

humm wonder what Farage asked for

------------------

Fox

Labour gains. If only the opposition see it that way but i suspect they think the other side stole their rightful votes

--------------------

its a terrible thing having  to choose between the less of the 'evil's ' you still end up with evil

Corbrin was right this election was about exit, it would have been a different outcome but the good news is a couple of generations now have the blinkers of what democracy actually mean removed. the continued protests are ensuring this lesson is rammed home

Edited by gbusrt

simple simon

For those who do not know, the former leader of the Liberal Democrat party (Jo Swinson) was beaten in her constituency so is no longer an MP - and no longer leader of the LibDem Party!

By publicly advocating ignoring the result of a democratic vote she did deserve to be beaten

AlanCMoore
5 hours ago, simple simon said:

For those who do not know, the former leader of the Liberal Democrat party (Jo Swinson) was beaten in her constituency so is no longer an MP - and no longer leader of the LibDem Party!

By publicly advocating ignoring the result of a democratic vote she did deserve to be beaten

So true!  I happened to see her final speech on RT following her embarrassing defeat.  IMO a truly pathetic individual who probably has no future in UK politics.

Edited by AlanCMoore

simple simon
16 hours ago, AlanCMoore said:

So true!  I happened to see her final speech on RT following her embarrassing defeat.  IMO a truly pathetic individual who probably has no future in UK politics.

Alan, I was aghast that a politician would actually advocate ignoring the result of a poll of the people. But I later got to understand why... I dont remember the industry (it might be farming) but what is relevant is that her husband's job is a beneficiary of EU grants / subsidies.

So, she has a direct personal financial interest in the UK remaining an EU member.

gbusrt

no point to be added just shouting into the noise created by us all cause i is riled up

""So, she has a direct personal financial interest in the UK remaining an EU member.""

Most if not all politicians only hear the noise, the 'silent' majority will never be herd because they silent. we all respond to personal interest. how can i benefit (support to get re-elected, personal power... wealth or stop the moaning whining ) is what politicians do. Dam it it what humans do. We just survive longer if most of us are doing it, weather it is beneficial or not. it is herd mentality.

most people are not left or right they are 'forced' (no other options) to choose the closest to what they desire

flawed system's will never fix the flaws, our permanent growth on debit system which relies on a reset (war death etc) to keep going is to blame, democracy is the game presented in the west... but as we have no alternative and would personally all have to suffer to invoke change  it unlikely to change

Edited by gbusrt

AlanCMoore
2 hours ago, simple simon said:

Alan, I was aghast that a politician would actually advocate ignoring the result of a poll of the people. But I later got to understand why... I dont remember the industry (it might be farming) but what is relevant is that her husband's job is a beneficiary of EU grants / subsidies.

So, she has a direct personal financial interest in the UK remaining an EU member.

Now that makes a whole lot of sense and explains a lot.  Sadly I was sure this is true in other countries like the US, much of Europe, and virtually anywhere that people can be controlled and manipulated by using their personal interests.

simple simon
4 hours ago, gbusrt said:

no point to be added just shouting into the noise created by us all cause i is riled up

""So, she has a direct personal financial interest in the UK remaining an EU member.""

Most if not all politicians only hear the noise, the 'silent' majority will never be herd because they silent. we all respond to personal interest. how can i benefit (support to get re-elected, personal power... wealth or stop the moaning whining ) is what politicians do. Dam it it what humans do. We just survive longer if most of us are doing it, weather it is beneficial or not. it is herd mentality.

most people are not left or right they are 'forced' (no other options) to choose the closest to what they desire

flawed system's will never fix the flaws, our permanent growth on debit system which relies on a reset (war death etc) to keep going is to blame, democracy is the game presented in the west... but as we have no alternative and would personally all have to suffer to invoke change  it unlikely to change

This time the silent people were heard.

From what Labour candidates are saying on TV interviews today, (especially the candidates who lost their seats in Parliament last Thursday) It is becoming obvious that whilst many people did not like the leader (Jeremy Corbyn)  what really made millions of Labour Party voters switch to the Conservative Party was Brexit.  Labour were offering a second referendum. But it is not the British way to keep voting until the result the leaders want is achieved. 

We now have clarity. Everyone knows that the British govt. now has the power in Parliament to ensure that we leave at the end of next month (Jan 2020). It is time for an exit agreement with the EU. If not, we leave without an agreement. 

The Danish want the agreement to allow them to continue fishing in British waters. I would expect that the Spanish want this too.  Hmm, the coming weeks of discussion (EU v UK) might be 'very challenging'.

Let us hope that the EU remembers that we Brits buy more goods which are made in Europe than the Europeans buy that are made here in the UK. It is in their best interest to come to a mutually beneficial agreement!

gbusrt
2 hours ago, simple simon said:

This time the silent people were heard.

From what Labour candidates are saying on TV interviews today, (especially the candidates who lost their seats in Parliament last Thursday) It is becoming obvious that whilst many people did not like the leader (Jeremy Corbyn)  what really made millions of Labour Party voters switch to the Conservative Party was Brexit.  Labour were offering a second referendum. But it is not the British way to keep voting until the result the leaders want is achieved. 

We now have clarity. Everyone knows that the British govt. now has the power in Parliament to ensure that we leave at the end of next month (Jan 2020). It is time for an exit agreement with the EU. If not, we leave without an agreement. 

The Danish want the agreement to allow them to continue fishing in British waters. I would expect that the Spanish want this too.  Hmm, the coming weeks of discussion (EU v UK) might be 'very challenging'.

Let us hope that the EU remembers that we Brits buy more goods which are made in Europe than the Europeans buy that are made here in the UK. It is in their best interest to come to a mutually beneficial agreement!

Humm i agree with what you say still have concerns ..... we yet to see politicians deliver on people expectation's

From what i have seen only Germany and France count so the 'persuasion' from Spain and Denmark i not sure it carry any weight

The EU dose not want other's to think they can leave. Italy want out, now their banking and immigration issues were both dictates from Brussels (EU), from the EU perspective remaining intact is more valuable than trade

They still want to punish us as an example to others and our purchasing is irrelevant in that regard,  from what i have seen from the EU perspective (not the individual European countries) we are locked in contractually, leaving is  something the voters need to be told but not actually happen.

Boris deal pre the general election was May's deal MK2.

if this dose not  change we could end up leaving with open fishing right to UK waters, a bill for commitment to the EU, who believe we should pay and oh it just happen those commitment are the same as they need re British funding for the next 5 to 7 years should be.

Are we leaving, or still paying and loosing our voice in their counsel

The EU still firmly believe we are lock in by Law re Northen Ireland border and parliament decree 'no deal' exit unlawful?, they shot down Macron at least twice when he wanted to kick us out with no deal.. why... cause 'no deal' is the worst outcome for EU and they know it.

..."we yet to see politicians deliver on people expectation's" well at lease the leave majority

sorry all i have had to edit this at least 10 times to convert from ernglish to english

Edited by gbusrt

simple simon
26 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Ah but how will the BBC be funded?

TV advertising? That will be very bad news for the other TV companies who already are funded this way, because advertisers might switch from them to the BBC, meaning that the other TV companies will have an effective reduction in their income  - and therefore have to try and attract more advertising by charging less and / or cut their spending

simple simon
2 hours ago, gbusrt said:

Humm i agree with what you say still have concerns ..... we yet to see politicians deliver on people expectation's

From what i have seen only Germany and France count so the 'persuasion' from Spain and Denmark i not sure it carry any weight

The EU dose not want other's to think they can leave. Italy want out, now their banking and immigration issues were both dictates from Brussels (EU), from the EU perspective remaining intact is more valuable than trade

They still want to punish us as an example to others and our purchasing is irrelevant in that regard,  from what i have seen from the EU perspective (not the individual European countries) we are locked in contractually, leaving is  something the voters need to be told but not actually happen.

Boris deal pre the general election was May's deal MK2.

if this dose not  change we could end up leaving with open fishing right to UK waters, a bill for commitment to the EU, who believe we should pay and oh it just happen those commitment are the same as they need re British funding for the next 5 to 7 years should be.

Are we leaving, or still paying and loosing our voice in their counsel

The EU still firmly believe we are lock in by Law re Northen Ireland border and parliament decree 'no deal' exit unlawful?, they shot down Macron at least twice when he wanted to kick us out with no deal.. why... cause 'no deal' is the worst outcome for EU and they know it.

..."we yet to see politicians deliver on people expectation's" well at lease the leave majority

sorry all i have had to edit this at least 10 times to convert from ernglish to english

Yes, I agree with everything you say.

The EU wants to punish us for leaving, and frighten all other members into staying. The one thing they do not want is for the UK to thrive outside the EU - as then Italy, Holland and maybe others might decide to leave too.

As for the type of Brexit, yes there is a real danger of the UK becoming what in effect will be a non-voting member who follows all the rules and contributes financially - like a slave. I hope that Boris does not do this. Nigel Farage will definitely be watching and shouting loudly if this looks likely. 

Another dimension to the EU topic is that of Scotland. The Scottish government wants to leave the UK (and become a full EU member), just as Catalonia wants to leave Spain. There might be trouble... the Scots might even decide to hold a referendum without the approval of the British government - which possibly would create a constitutional crisis!

Hmm, TROUBLE   TROUBLE   TROUBLE  TROUBLE 

Edited by simple simon

gbusrt
25 minutes ago, simple simon said:

the Scots might even decide to hold a referendum without the approval of the British government

yup i see this as happening, i know a number of scotts that would support this (being Rhodesian UDI is a thing [unilateral deceleration of independence]), but to leave the UK just to become a small player in the EU would be stupid in my opinion, it like overthrowing one master (English) for another (EU) and it not like they got no say, they got their own parliament and are represented in the national parliament to ?

And if the scotts go will Wales go to what about northern Ireland and Cornwell will become a thing to

if this happen in the UK many EU countries might split to Belgum Holland Spain are a few i know of that it could be argued could split

Edited by gbusrt

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use