Guest Unregistered

Brexit

simple simon

Brexit sing-a-long (Any deal will do in Boris Johnson's Amazing Technicolour Nightmare)

Edited by simple simon

simple simon

I disagree with the meme behind this image

Guest Brit

And now, Brexit is delayed from Halloween 2019 to end of January 2020

But instead there will be a general election on 12th December. Depending on the result Brexit might end up being cancelled (worst case scenario).

As today is 31st October it means that the pre-Chrismas era will be largely dominated by politics. I wonder how that will impact trade, especially for retailers - for many of whom this time period is vital for their well-being throughout the rest of the year.

simple simon
1 hour ago, Guest Brit said:

And now, Brexit is delayed from Halloween 2019 to end of January 2020

But instead there will be a general election on 12th December. Depending on the result Brexit might end up being cancelled (worst case scenario).

As today is 31st October it means that the pre-Chrismas era will be largely dominated by politics. I wonder how that will impact trade, especially for retailers - for many of whom this time period is vital for their well-being throughout the rest of the year.

If electoral uncertainty means that people are less free with their spending there could be a (metaphoric) bloodbath on the high street next January. Things are already very tough there!

gbusrt
1 hour ago, Peter said:

We will continue to hold elections until we get the results we want.....

or will we continue to hold election until those with the loudest voice get their way 😟

the remainers seam to dominate the media

Peter

When logic does not prevail ....

(seriously, how many "elections" have the people stated that they want out? If the people had any sense at all they would lobby for a "law" saying that the Brexit vote can be held only once every 25 years.)

The opposition resorts to name calling and screaming. Moving the "energy" of a calm rationale debate to an emotionally charged rant.  If you can't control logic to your advantage, it is easier to control emotions as they are not rationale.

Peter

New EU Ballot proposed:

Should Britain stay in the EU?
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.

5. No.

Check only one.

simple simon
1 hour ago, gbusrt said:

or will we continue to hold election until those with the loudest voice get their way 😟

the remainers seam to dominate the media

thats because the media are remainers!

I must admit, I am already bored with the election campaigning - and we have another 6 weeks to go. :blue:

simple simon

a simple explanation of the situation / what the election is about

plane

Cynics might argue that this helps to prove the proposition that democracy is not suited to resolving major issues where the public is closely divided. Those who lose don't feel that the terms of the fight were fair. As an example, Hillary supporters argue that she received millions more votes than Trump.  Unfortunately, elite rule leads to them making decisions that have far less than majority support. So we are back at the eternal questions of how to be led and how to be guarded from our guardians.

simple simon

Electioneering, but is some of the money coming in an attempt to influence Brexit?

The big problem is that NONE of the three main political party leaders is that attractive to voters - Labour has a leader who is seen as being more friendly with terrorists than their victims and de facto supports and facilitates anti-Jewish racism in his political party whilst the Liberal Democrat leader has stood up and proudly proclaimed that if there was another Brexit referendum and the result was a resounding 'out' she would just ignore that result - because she wants to remain in! I have seen allegations suggesting that her husband's job sees him receiving funds from the EU, so therefore it could be said that she has a financial interest in us being in the EU.

Many people also see Boris as being a serial liar, but perhaps in the sense of a typical politician and snake oil salesman, although it is true that he left his wife for another woman and then had a row with her, and whilst this was in her home it was so loud that neighbours recorded some of it and supplied this recording to the media to make public! I see Boris as being 'owned'. He also has royal blood (via a convoluted blood line which started from a concubine - so in a way is descended from a b*st*rd, although this would not matter if only all his actions were seen as being wholly honourable) 

"A pox on all their houses" sounds like an appropriate comment.

Edited by simple simon

Greenmeadow

Good video of the state of Brexit. He argues that there will be no true Brexit with real independence unless the working class vote Brexit instead of Labor. He says Labor is no longer the party of the working class. It has be come politically correct progressive and they despise the working class. Its sounding a lot like America. Joseph P Farrell shared this video on FB

simple simon

So, tomorrow we vote in a general election

The choice is between a well educated but gaffe-prone man who in the past has lost several jobs for lying or someone who honours terrorists and all those who would wish to harm the British people. Both are making pre-election campaign promises which sound fantastic - but are unlikely to be honoured.

Tweedledee or Tweedledum. Who is less bad?

Maybe one day we will actually have leaders who are people of integrity. Ooh look, the piggies are flapping their wings in preparation for take-off! 

Its a pity tat we can't vote for Larry the cat who resides at the official residence of the British Prime Minister.

Whoever wins will or might deliver Brexit. Or might not.

gbusrt

in Lambeth (UK)

and we got a brexit candidate the only one i am voting for :)

i am off the opinion the voting is missing a choice, a box that say none of those that payed to stand represent me, if that box win the majority, the seat should be up for reelection, but all candidates that stood ....should not be aloud to rerun

Edited by gbusrt

gbusrt

from a physic Samantha lol (bit strange that she could not even see frarage was not in the running even when he said it himself)
-----------------

18:24 - UK Election December 12, 2019
“If Nigel Farage doesn’t win in Britain, like, bug-out, don’t walk, run, get away from Britain if he doesn’t win.”
“I’m kind of scared for Britain.”
[?? Nigel Farage isn’t currently running??]

Q - As a British citizen, why are you saying, ‘get out of Britain if Farage doesn’t win’?   46:45
A - “Because that is when ‘shit is gonna go to rabbits.’ “

------------------------
even the wooohoooo world think the UK is buggered, and we good a buggery ask our leaders :(

gbusrt

BBC not interfering but already seen vote (postal)

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/11/bbc-denies-political-editors-postal-vote-comments-broke-law

BBC denies political editor's postal vote comments broke law

Laura Kuenssberg said on air that ballots in so far were looking ‘grim’ for Labour

So some one seen the results and are talking before the main event even kicked off

bet they miffed it was not a labour landslide 🤣

sorry BBC is the political correct left leaning (not commie my ass) organization for non UK residents

run by the chosen (self selected from entertainment industry and university political crowd).

BBC journalism is world class and not ever to be questioned , they tell us so 

Edited by gbusrt

simple simon

surely the postal votes are not supposed to have been seen in advance? It sounds wrong - almost an attempt to influence the result.

As for the comment that things are looking grim for Labour, thats not surprising. As long as its based on opinion polls (or her own point of view) then its legal.

re: Farage, maybe he will become involved in the Brexit talks? That would sort of validate what Samantha says.

I am worried about the NHS (National Health Service) but the parlous state of our nation's finances suggest that some sort of reform might save it from collapse. Maybe we need to look around at other nations and see if there are better ways of doing things.

Anything that ends "free at point of use" would be so unpopular that it could see people taking to the streets.

Dentistry is the one NHS treatment that is not free at point of use - in the next few weeks I am expecting to have a tooth (which split into two / cannot be saved) extracted and even though its on the NHS I will still need to pay a fee (about £60). Depending on the benefit received the unemployed do not need to pay for dentistry - but people who are in the 'low paid' category do need to pay.

Perhaps the biggest dilemma is if other NHS services start being chargeable then the low paid (and those with long-term chronic conditions) are the people who will least afford to pay - and therefore will suffer in pain or go into debt to pay the bills. Typically the low paid will also not be able to afford an insurance system which charges annual fees but refunds treatment costs after they have been paid.

gbusrt
28 minutes ago, simple simon said:

surely the postal votes are not supposed to have been seen in advance? It sounds wrong - almost an attempt to influence the result.

i think that was the point, it interferes with the election

I like to think of the NHS as payment for the sacrifices made in WWI and WWII, to ensure it continued existence that is all that need to be mentioned.

i have issues with the EU, i think it a great idea poorly implemented. If we get a EU army dose it defend the Falklands (Spanish solider or Germans fighting for brits will it happen), dose Gebralta belong to Spain, if China tries to take away democracy from Hong Kong (it happing they, China are not afrade to put the whole of Hong Kong in a re-education camp, the only thing stopping it its its current trade status). do we take in the ex brit citizens, could we spread them out through europe

there are many questions, Union has not address as it be foisted on us.

The US protection from central gov (federal) is local state governors, though it appears they have been de-fanged and the national guard who job was to protect from gov (federal) is now part of the federal army, their union is now nearing completion and it only took 200 odd years, the EU wants this done in less than 60, they loosing ground

Edited by gbusrt

simple simon

its really difficult, as this very powerful film is very upsetting, but I just cannot trust Corbyn and his cronies to remedy the horrific situations seen in this film

Boris something of a thug ... really unfit for the job

However, whats the alternative?

Edited by simple simon

simple simon

A plea to vote by Nigel Farage

Two young ladies, one Jewish, one Islamic. More sense here than found in all the MP's at the Houses of Parliament!

Edited by simple simon

Foxx

It looks as if the Tories may win in a landslide.

Election LatestExit poll predicts Conservative win

Exit poll forecast
First result expected after 11.00pm
326 seats needed for majority
  •  
    368Con+51
  • 191Lab-71
  • 55SNP+20
  • 13Lib Dem+1
  • 23Others+1

If they hold onto that many seats, Brexit will happen. 

gbusrt

well last time torries voted to stay not exit so there may still be no change

+ Boris deal = May deal with a few tweeks, and

Brexit (no exit): EU Defence Union will tie us into the EU indefinitely

so we may end up with a remain exit who knows

Edited by gbusrt

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use