Neo

Introductions: Introduce yourself here

jdurand

Welcome!

Your English is fine, I'm learning a second language and it's hard when you're an adult!

Foxx
2 hours ago, jdurand said:

Welcome!

Your English is fine, I'm learning a second language and it's hard when you're an adult!

So, you're doing just fine then?

:hysterical:

jdurand
46 minutes ago, LP said:

He's an adult? 😉

Well, I was an adult but I'm younger than that now.

LP
13 minutes ago, jdurand said:

Well, I was an adult but I'm younger than that now.

I thought that sounded familiar

Ahhh the 60's....no wonder we're all warped, lol

Edited by LP

Sunnybug

Hi, I'm a returning member. Trying to find my way around the new format. Lol. But sure is good to see a lot of familiar names, and some new ones as well. 

david19m
14 hours ago, cowpoke said:

There is a fine line where such virtues as selflessness and empathy become mixed up with negative qualities like hubris,, enabling, and the interference in the karma of others.  Everyone needs to define that line for themselves, and it often includes many difficult decisions about how much you really can do for others.  The fact you are actually giving thought to it, though, is positive.  Sometimes not helping is more helpful than helping, if that makes sense.  Every case is not the same.

I'm aware that interfering in the process of others might even cause harm, because you would be even stopping the learning of a lesson needed in life by someone. I know that in theory, in normal times, it's even difficult to know how to act, I can't even think what would be in a extreme situation like a pandemic. Hope nothing happens. How bad is to interfere in the karma of others?

david19m
19 hours ago, Crazy Charlie said:

welcome   David , , , ,  its my opinion that this world/reality is a  " service to self" one ,,,

that  means  by its  very nature you  watch out for  you first and  family ,  you  help others if you

can,when  you  can .. you can't  lose sleep over  not helping  when your in a  position of being unable to help ..

by  learning more  about the true nature of the world ( and yourself)  your building a future where you can help more ...

to  some extant we all have to chop wood and carry water  ,  if your not doing that its possible your stealing that effort  from others ...

I don't know if I'm reading too much into the 2 replies I got, meaning that I understood what I don't want to see in me but know is in me; or if, both of you, knowingly, pointed something uncomfortable about me (my defects). It wasn't directly, maybe it was something transparent in my introduction that you saw and pointed out.
I always have been seeking comfort, the bare optimal minimum, something that various people, specially my parents, have told me. Prepping, in my case, might be just the seek of comfort in extreme times, to avoid, "to chop wood and carry water". The idea of stealing effort from others is something that I'm sure I have felt I´ve done. 

Greenmeadow

Really i think none of us know how we will react in crisis. We dont know until we are in the situation and are tested. We hope we will react in ways we can feel good about. 

I am a single lady so my preps are mostly to take care of myself. My family all live far away. But there are things that i get extra of to have enough to help others too.

Mostly what i collect is health knowledge to share with others. But after years of listening to clif and years of working with people i am careful about what i say to people. I wait until there is an opening where they want to listen. Or i give hints and ask a provoking questuon. How would you do if you were snowed in for 2 weeks or  if a big earthquake cut off the electric and roads and trucks couldnt get to the store?

Mostly as a social worker I have had to come to the place where i have to trust Gods plan for people. I believe each of us were born with certain lessons were are supposed to learn. One of the ways you can tell someone has very different karma than you is when their life makes no sense to you. If i offer something to someone and they have no interest in it, what i have to offer is not part of Gods lesson plan for them. It is arrogant to think i know better than someone else what their life needs. If i am really concerned i fall back on, it is people's job to make their own decisions, it is my job to make sure they are making informed decisions. Do they know the potential consequences of their choices? Once i have given them information my responsibility has been fulfilled. Their choices are their responsibility.

cowpoke

How bad is to interfere in the karma of others?

Unfortunately, that is another one of those questions you need to answer for yourself.  Keep that in mind, and it will get answered when you are ready.

easy

last night the lights went out...a couple of seconds later, they came back on.

a few minutes later they went out again and stayed out for awhile..

it's a strange situation or maybe unusual is a better word, not to have electricity

and No Idea about it..

with the scheduled blackout we had last fall that lasted 3-5 days, one could get in

their car and find electricity because not everyone had it happened.

last night no idea whatsoever happened, I so just waited. I did use my lanterns

and had them so they were easily accessible.

not a crisis, but it got my attention.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Terms of Use